 General / 40930
Re: Divorce?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 00:35:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.general, Kirby Warden writes:
being childish because YOU chose all the
wrong words to express this "sarcastic" vent?

But Kirby, that’s the nature of ‘sarcasm!’
You choose all the “Wrong words” specifically in order to apply an inflection.
The “wrong words,” when properly understood, are what create the humor!

By explaining the nuances or by being stolidly direct the whole scenario will
appear dull and uninteresting. Thus, by sarcastically portraying certain events,
the general situation will appear far more interesting/comical.

                             --==Richard==--

Sorry, i have to stick to my guns here.  A very probable situation was
described and a very realistic interaction took place between the two
parties involved.  Was he being sarcastic?  If so, fine; I must've missed
it.  The only indication I have that he wasn't serious was a later post.
Maybe he simply over-exaggerated?