 General / 40595
40594  |  40596
Subject:
Worthless Brickshelf galleries ( was Another "borrowed" picture...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 05:21:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Chris Maddison writes:
By the looks of the other images in the folder, and the fact that most of
them are Bionicle, I'm making the gross generalization that this is some kid
on some Bionicle website gathering random pictures together for random
things that will amount to diddly squat.  Further digging my own grave,
folders like this are simply a waste of Brickshelf space IMO [1].  There's
no real content other than a bunch of LEGO's Bionicle CGI artwork.  If you
want to call that content at all.

I hardly use Brickshelf at all any more because it has lost any advantages it
use to have:
1) It's no longer instant because of moderation
2) It has a worse noise to content ratio than RTL
3) It's often slow (not that my own cheapo site is very quick).
Oh well...it was good while it lasted.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu