 General / 40511
Re: Concerning this new train poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:37:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
Mr. Larry Pieniazek, I don't appreciate you slamming and insulting each and
everything I have to say.

Hi Harvey,

it has been me, who criticised your poll. Larry was only jumping in much later
in the thread and he did not even uttered your name, was NOT speaking about
your poll, but about making up polls in general.

Who has made the last couple train-related polls? And why would he mention
the subject now?

*********
Really, if people are going to make polls (for anything other than trolling,
that is), it would be nice if they did a little asking around to see what a
reasonable set of choices might be *before* they went off and created them,
so as to make the polls useful for something.
*********

Who cares if this poll doesn't include every
possible option,

I do! You made a poll which gives 'wrong' answers. For the moment it tells us
71% build 6-wides
34% 8-wides
7% 10 wide
etc..

E=MC²

But that is quite far from reality, since some quite important answers are
missing. I myself know lots of people who build 2-wide and now I learned that
there are more than just me building 7-wide.

Seems to me that the numbers speak for themselves

LUGNET is (or was) supposed to be fun! I thought we had
'discussed' this before.

Right, so please calm down. Nobody than me told you your poll was
insufficient (and therefore less fun as it should be).

There is no particular measure to 'fun', everybody enjoys a different degree
of satisfaction from his/her hobby

Now I realize that I'll have to take this issue up
[snip some words, that do not belong into a public forum]

Yeah, the truth (and it can hurt)

-Harvey

Leg godt (and now back to the bricks!)

Ben