 General / 40113
Re: Brickshelf speed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:24:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Alex Cruz writes:
In lugnet.general, Adrian Drake writes:
It suddenly seems much faster today, at least to me.  Can others
corroborate?  It appears that brickshelf's bandwidth issues have been
repaired.  Wonderful.  Thanks Kevin!

Yup. Brickshelf is SCREAMIN' right now. Kevin, would you care to comment?

Our ISP (which is across the hall btw) just installed a new
circuit and asked if we could help load test it :)

The good news is I now know exactly how much bandwidth brickshelf
needs.

Besides working the business issues, I am also
working on some code that will allow controlling the QoS for
pages, thumbnails and full sized files independently.  This would allow
pages and thumbnails to load very quickly even if full sized files
were slow.

KL