 General / 40020
Re: Feedback thoughts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:18:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Pedro Silva writes:
what I mean is the "bigger" the *novelty
factor* is, the more actual feedback it will generate.

I would definitely agree that this is a big factor.  When I first posted
chapters from my Lord of the Rings project, I got a fair amount of response.
Now my new chapters pass with no comments, even though I feel that both my
building and photography have improved quite a bit.

Or to move away from my own site, take The Brick Testament.  In the
beginning (intentional reference) Brendan got a lot of feedback.  Now
(ignoring the big religion debate that flared up), there are one or two

This isn't just limited to multiple postings from the same person.  After
seeing thousands of MOCs over the year and a half since discovering
Brickshelf, Lugnet, FBTB, etc, I suppose the next new castle, train,
spaceship, etc doesn't move me to respond unless there is some particular
novelty factor.

Bruce