 General / 39799
39798  |  39800
Subject:
Send me your tips and tricks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 19:37:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey everyone -
I'm working on a pretty big project right now, LDraw related. I'm interested
in hearing various tips, tricks, and ideas you all have for making building
with the LDraw tools easier.

For example, Jaco van der Molen shared with me a trick of his - when setting
the center of rotation for a part in MLCAD, he inserts a file called
"0.dat." Since that part does not exist, it simply gives him crosshairs,
which he moves around to the desired position. Then, he takes the
coordinates of the part, and inserts them into the Rotation Point dialog, to
set the center of rotation for a part.

That's the kind of stuff I'm after. Shortcuts for MLCAD, POV-Ray, MegaPOV
settings you use, etc. Please write me at tim@ldraw.org with your ideas. If
I'm not already using similar ideas in my project, I'll include yours and
credit you for them. Thanks!!

Tim Courtney
LDraw.org

PS - More info on the project will follow when you write, its just not ready
for the public yet. :-)