 General / 39750
Re: Restoring old white and grey parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 19:07:47 GMT

"James Casey" <waferthinninja@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:H6JqE1.Eo4@lugnet.com...
I bought a large collection of lego from someone, including some quite old
stuff.

Unfortunately, almost all the older white pieces have started to go brown,
and the grey are slightly yellowy. The blue are also slightly discouloured
but not too bad.

Does anyone have a way to fix this? Would some sort of bleach do the job?

You'll have limited success bleaching white parts, but grey and blue you
have no chance, they will discolour even more in bleach.

When I last tried, I just used the cheapo thin bleach available for 20p or
so in most UK supermarkets, and I probably used it neat, soaking the parts
for a about a day.

Huw