 General / 39654
Re: Ordering stuff from norway.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.no
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:12:45 GMT

"Fredrik" <legofred@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:H6AAn6.G73@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Øyvind Steinnes writes:
But there was SOME good news; I said that maybe we would get access to
Shop@Home from Norway in the future. But that was maybe as early as 3'th
quarter of 2003. But he could not guarantee that.
They always say that.  The first time I asked them about this, was back in
2000, and they said "sometime before next summer".  I contact them 2-3 • times
every year, and I get about the same answer every time:  "I have been
PROMISED that the Shop@Home service will be available within 3-4 months • (or
"before Christmas", "in June- July") but can't promise anything".

Well, he did not sound too optimistic about the time for the launch of the
service either. He said that he had been given promises by Lego before and
he did not want to guarantee the launch anymore .

He also said that by todays taxes and rates a box that costed 37 NOK from
Lego would cost the consumer about 350NOK when ordering trough the S@H
system if Norway was avaiable today. Thats why they delayed it. I can
understand that...

It seems to me like they (Lego) simply don't want to give us access to the
service.  They say that the problem is the Norwegian Customs rules and
tariff.  But does it take 3 years to make a deal with them?  And why is • the
service available in Switzerland (which is outside the European Union as
well)?

It has nothing to do with EU or not. It has to do with Norwegian Tax (skatt
og toll) system and with todays laws the products would get too expensive.

By the way, I found some of the S@H items in a local toy store yesterday
(one of the biggest in Norway), just outside Bergen, a bunch of the • Sopwith
Camel set (Item#: 3451), and almost every wagon from the "My own
train"-series.  It was a BIG surprise, I could't belive my eyes, and I'll
ask them today why they have them (and buy a locomotive as well).  I have
sent a mail to Lego about this too.  Maybe there is hope for us norwegian
customers, although it is very small.

He just mentioned a few set that are special for this autum. The Sopwith
Camel and a few "My Train" or somthing sets is avaiable in Sweeden, Finland
and Denmark, and they managed to get UK and Norway into that special
occasion.
If you notice these boxes are in color but ar not with too much advertising
on them like normal boxes are?
Normaly these special sets came in boxes that are in black and white colors
only, but they made them in color just for this special occasion.

So I'm going to buy a few of these Sopwith Camel sets, a few for myself and
some for future trading  :)

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix