 General / 39036

Subject:
Brad Justus at Legoworld 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:48:37 GMT

Anyone got information on what was said?

Re: Brad Justus at Legoworld 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:11:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Anyone got information on what was said?

Hi Jonathan,

he was there for 2 days and he gave us (members of de Bouwsteen and
attending guests ca. 90 minutes for questions and answers. So you can imagine
he mentiond just EVERYTHING in that time.

But if you ask, if he gave any special promises or announcements about new
legends, I have to tell you a definit 'NO'.

Regards,

Ben

P.s.: But Brad was really VERY pleased with the Legoword event. That was so
much bigger than anything he expected for Europe....

On the other hand I was highly amazed (in fact nearly shocked) when I learned
about the visitors number at Brickfest. Whole Lugnet was talking for month
about that event and I expected it to be a huge show and not a meeting of 250
persons. We have twice as much Lego-Fans at our 'small' Muelheim shows two
times a year and Legoworld had ten-thousands of visitors.... Lugnet seems to
be a little US-centric (what of course is nothing to wonder about).

In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
P.s.: But Brad was really VERY pleased with the Legoword event. That was so
much bigger than anything he expected for Europe....

On the other hand I was highly amazed (in fact nearly shocked) when I learned
about the visitors number at Brickfest. Whole Lugnet was talking for month
about that event and I expected it to be a huge show and not a meeting of 250
persons. We have twice as much Lego-Fans at our 'small' Muelheim shows two
times a year and Legoworld had ten-thousands of visitors.... Lugnet seems to
be a little US-centric (what of course is nothing to wonder about).

But wasn't the Legoworld event open to the public? So it wasn't just AFOLs
attending, it was anyone in the area. While at Brickfest it's registered
people only with no public sessions. (of course I could be mistaken about
Legoworld being a public event)

jt

Re: Brad Justus at Legoworld 2002