 General / 37749
37748  |  37750
Subject:
How bad do your hands hurt?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:49:33 GMT

I gotta ask, who else deals with the hand and finger stress from long
building projects. I know it's a common ailment that we all deal with. I
mean who hasn't cut, scratched or abraised themselves while building Lego.

Man, I was building all day Sunday, and my fingers are all bruised and, well
yiesh my skin, forget it~ (TMI)

I build most everyday for a few hours if I can help it.
Days at a time when I'm focused. So the wear and tear factor on my digits is
nothing new. But pulling and pushing on technic all day and night, for
weeks, years!

My hands need a Spa!

How do you guys deal with it? I fear using lotion, or it would soften up my
paws, and you know we need strong hands to pry apart plates. I use tools,
what kinds do you folks use? I feel like if I were Lou Ferigno from the TV
show "The Increadile Hulk". Like I have to use one of those big ol #1
pencils from 1st grade or I would break em!

Lego people have strong hands! I could skwish a raw potato in my hand! LOL!

Tell ya what, I ain't stick'n together any more technic pegs and beams
UNLESS THEY'RE GONNA STAY LIKE THAT!!! use axles when possible.

Legomaster

The finger wreakers

P.S. Don't get me wrong, Lego has gotta be tough, it makes your creations
strong.