 General / 35139
35138  |  35140
Subject:
URGENT! BricksWest Lodging Question-Time Is Running Out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 19:51:43 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I have a very urgent situation to work out, and must make this public plea.

I need a head count of people who have or are planning to stay at the Grand
Pacific Palisades Hotel during BricksWest. According to the hotel, they have
not received one reservation for the event. I was under the impression that
at least a few folks had reserved rooms.

The situation is two-fold:

First, if we do not fill a number of the rooms in the hotel, our cost for
the ballrooms rises quite drastically...to a point that no amount of
registration (based on reasonable estimates) is likely to cover it.

Second, if we do not fill a number of rooms, I become liable financially for
lost room nights on those rooms.

Now, if you have indeed reserved a room at the hotel, but didn't mention
that you were with BricksWest, you likely lost out on our special room rates
($160/night).

If you have yet to reserve a room at this date, they are still available,
but the space is no longer guaranteed (i.e. they have started to book other
people into those rooms, and they may run out of space by the time you get
around to reserving space).

Please get in touch with me ASAP if you have or are reserving space at the
Grand Pacific Palisades Hotel. I need to verify these reservations with the
hotel, and will have the room rates reduced if you did not receive the
BricksWest discount.

I can not express in type just how urgent this situation is...it may make or
break the event, quite frankly...this is why I am willing to go public with
this information...BricksWest is truly at risk, and I can't see that happen.

Matt