 General / 34960
Re: Launch of the ASC Inceptor Stormscape class Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:03:50 GMT

"Zac Soden" <zac_soden@hotmail.com> wrote:

In lugnet.space, Stephen F. Roberts writes:

...Classic problem of real life design. Make it field serviceable and you
sacrifice space. But I think your result is great. I like the accessibility of
the reactor. I can see the crew down in the hole trying to squeeze a few more
joules of energy from the reactor during a battle :-)

Yeah well my personal idea of a spaceship is a dirty, cramped and noisy
beast of a thing so this ship got at least the cramped part :)

...I love cramped, cluttered ships... makes em look more "lived in"... Star Trek
is nice and all... but when you get guys trying to solve real life danger
situations in the middle of space I think you'd get more of a "any piece glued
here to make it work" look :-)

...I think the interiour shots alone make for a great presentation. If you ever
take the model apart, make sure to go back and get interiour shots for a "making
of" kind of reel and you could use the taking apart process to film some great
battle scenes of the crew maning the guns during a battle :-)

I should bring myself to begin deconstruction in a couple of weeks. There
isn't really many "during construction" shots that would be much different
than the images already up.
Also, the problem with having the crew manning the guns, etc is that four of
the six guns are computer controlled :/

...:-/ Well, you can at least get a shot or two of "battle damage" to add to the
page (ooohhh.... big hull breach with hull layers pealed back and crew spilling
into space >-)
---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
jains.has.it        <-- Jain's Guide
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

Start planning for BrickFest 2002!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com