 General / 33397

Subject:
Getting paint off Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:17:56 GMT

What is a good solvent for taking off official Lego paint from saucer
sections and other bricks? I'm worried about dissolving the ABS but I don't
want to scratch the paint off.

--
Acme! Comics
115 W. North St.

We accept Visa, MC, Dicover, check & debit cards

Re: Getting paint off Lego
In lugnet.general, Jim Schifeling writes:
What is a good solvent for taking off official Lego paint from saucer
sections and other bricks? I'm worried about dissolving the ABS but I don't
want to scratch the paint off.

Brasso.

For (lots!) of hints and tips on how to use it well, enter "Brasso" in the
news search box.

Thanks,

James

Re: Getting paint off Lego
A few drops of Brasso into a cotton ball and LOTS of elbow grease.  Works
great and doesn't bring down the sheen too much.

Dave