 General / 33005
Re: Plane Crash in NY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:52:04 GMT

Hey that's OK. Yes Lot's to be done. We have been furiously re-allocting
Cell resources from areas far from NYC to provide greater coverage and call
proccessing to those in need. Very tough work. We can't evan get Verizon on
the phone. One of the test centers was located in one of the two buildings.

We expect tremendous call volume as well as the voicemail systems to be
either unavailable or congested. Keep trying is all I can say.

I'm glad those of you who did get out of the area are safe.

It sickens me that those people from afar are in celebration. Ignorance is
bliss. Just because we are more affulent than their society. And for other
reasons unimportant for now. I echo Mathew's point. Today is not a day for
such talk.

Eric
NY Metro Switch Technician

BTW one of our cell sites located in the bottom area of one of the buildings
is actually still fuctioning. We can't belive it ourselves. It was maxed out
with calls. Unbeliveable.

In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
Well, our friends are starting to arrive back home from downtown Manhattan.
It's a relief to hear from everybody.

Telephones here are still kind of spotty, it was 5 hours before I could get
through again to Colorado Springs.

Like Eric Sophie says about Voicestream, there's work to be done.

Uh, that didn't come out quite right, I didn't intend that as a complaint
about my phone. Just that there is stuff to do and it must be done...

Wondering what will happen at work tomorrow...