 General / 3240
Re: TLAs and ETLAs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 21:38:14 GMT

HTH

Cheers
[SteveScott

A1RB = Alpha-1 Rocket Base (483)
ABS = Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
AFAIK = As Far As I Know
AFOL = Adult Fan Of Lego
ATL = Alt.Toys.Lego
B1CB = Beta-1 Command Base (6970)
BFC = Big Freaking Castle (6090)
BK = Black Knights
BSB = Black Seas Barracuda (6825)
BT = BlackTron (evil ones with black visors)
BT1 = BlackTron (evil ones with black visors)
BT2 = BlackTron, future generation (antifreeze-green ones)
BTW = By The Way
BURP = Big Ugly Rock Piece
CES = Crystal Explorer Sub (6175)
CRAPP = Crummy Ramp And Pit Plate
DDD = Dark Dragon's Den (6076)
DFD = Deep Freeze Defender (6973)
DM = Dragon Masters
ETLA = Extended Three Letter Acronym
FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions
FBF = Fire Breathing Fortress (6082)
FM = Forestmen
FOM = Fibre Optic Module
FOTD = Find Of The Day
FOTW = Find Of The Week
FOTY = Find Of The Year
FS = For Sale
FYI = For Your Information
HOG = Hand Of God
HTH = Hope This/That Helps
IG = Imperial Guards
IGCB = Inter-Galactic Command Base (6971)
IHTICWI = It's Hard To Imagine Childhood Without It
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion
IMM = In My Mind
IMO = In My Opinion
IP = Ice Planet 2002
IR = Infra Red
L/S = Light and Sound
LF = Lego Friend
LMK = Let Me Know
LNH = Load 'N Haul Railroad (4563)
LOL = Laughs Out Loud
LS = Lego Spouse
LSO = Lego Significant Other
MB = MegaBlocks
MCM = Mega / Multi Core Magnetizer (6989)
MIB = Message Intercept Base (6987)
MOC = My Own Creation
MS = MindStorms
MT = Model Team or M-Tron
NDL = Neptune Discovery Lab (6195)
NLF = Non-Lego Friend
NLS = Non-Lego Spouse
NLSO = Non-Lego Significant Other
OTOH = On The Other Hand
P&P = Postage & Packing
PEWC = Prefabricated Explorien Wing / Cockpit
PITA = Pain In The Ass
RBR = Red Beard Runner (6289)
RC = Radio Controlled
RCX = programmable brick from MindStorms
RIS = Robotics Invention System (Mindstorms)
RK = Royal Knights
RKC = Royal Knights Castle (6090)
ROFL = Rolls On Floor Laughing
RR = Rock Raiders
RTL = Rec.Toys.Lego
S&H = Shipping & Handling
S@H = Lego Shop at Home mail order service
SAH = Lego Shop at Home mail order service
SES = Skull's Eye Schooner (6286)
SLU = Standard Lego Unit
SOG = Sub-Orbital Guardian (6878)
SP = Space Police (as per SP1)
SP1 = Space Police (black / blue / transparent-red type)
SP2 = Space Police (grey / black / red / transparent green type)
STAMP = Sticker Across Multiple Pieces
SW = Star Wars
TIA = Thanks In Advance
TLA = Three Letter Acronym