 General / 3093
Re: Temp Pov Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 05:10:48 GMT

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999 11:04:47 GMT, Mookie <Mookie@execpc.com> wrote:

Sure is :) I'm trying to rework them a little more, I can't see the
pattern on the door yet though, and I want that to show up.
those were just a couple of quickies I did trying to figure out if it
would work how I wanted :)
I know the pictures look a lot better on my system with netscape than
they do with AOL Browser I don't know why this is. I ran off a couple
more pics last night with AA on though I need to find a different prg to
convert the .bmp to something else, LView does a crappy job of this for
some reason, normally it does pretty well..I'll try PSP next see what it
does to the resolution. Anyone have any better ideas as to what to
convert them with?
Tamy

PSP works great.  Another program that does a pretty good job (free to boot) is
IrfanView.  http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/  (an outstanding program all
around - packed with features, yet still compact and simple)
Whatever program you use, remember that converting to gif will mean going down
to 256 colors - which will probably look bad.
And if you need to resize a picture it is best to use the "resample" method
rather than simple "resize"
I would recommend PSP for resizing pictures.  The latest version has some
excellent routines for it.

-- Terry K --
BTW, I am not sure of this, but doesn't AOL's browser have it's image viewer
set by default to a low quality?  I read something of the sort once.  Something
about it making the download of the image faster.

onyx wrote:

Tamyra Teed writes:
I've created a Temp page on my server...
Tamy

wow tamy!! looks sweet!! (is that what all the L3PAO help was for??? :)

you did a great job!