 General / 30573
Re: I'm back... (Clarified! )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 05:00:11 GMT

Firstly, I'd like to thank Mr. Moulton for replying so candidly to my posts.

-I'm obligated to make this my last conversation with you… for Lugnets sake
and so that I don’t further exacerbate the situation.

The reason why?
Because to some degree I believe that you could indeed hurt Lugnet in general.
I don’t have a problem with you, or anything you said!
But I believe it would be prudent to discontinue conversation with you.

This is not to isolate you or because I think you did anything wrong, but
the issues of double-speak and the mad-hatter bit is far to dangerous to the
community. If you turn on us, or already have? It would be detrimental.
(It seams you already have a record.)
  Therefore, on these grounds and for the sake of the community, I
personally ask you to simply stop. Ask nothing more from Todd or any of us.
Just don’t touch the community. If you want to talk Lego…just e-mail me.
I'll always be open to communication. Does this sound equitable?

<EVERYBODY HIT THE IGNORE KEY.   NO MORE POSTS AT ALL, EVER!>
<EVERYBODY IGNORE HIM.   NO MORE POSTS TO HIM AT ALL, EVER!>
<EVERYBODY HIT THE IGNORE KEY.   NO MORE POSTS AT ALL, EVER!>

Despite the fact you have a notorious Mad-Hatter background, and the fact
that you outlined your plans in your web page. A page that stated the type
of web sabotage an individual may engage in. I'd still be open to talk, but
not on Lugnet o.k.

What I do like is your ability to question the norm:

Matt
acting on the whim of his so called friends…
and be apart of the dictatorship…

Fine, if you have issues with The Lego Group, or Todd (insert distopic rant
about big-brother, 1984…451…) then take it to them, but don’t subject their
fan base to the same anger!

Matt
here I thought I was upholding that ideal.

You are upholding an ideal, the liberty of freedom of speech, which I
support. But consequently you’ll likely impair the very principle that
justifies your basis of equitable rights.

Matt
all Todd has to do is reinstate my original account and all the fuss
ends, it's that simple.

It's not that simple!
This point of contention is non-negotionable. It won’t happen!
And why would you want back in. Do you wish to contribute to a community you
no longer respect or believe possesses neo-liberal democratic values (You
did say dictatorship, didn’t you?) then this request is simply a means of
your circular argument.

Sorry Matt, but I just can’t trust you ‘here’. And I don’t think others
should either.

Talk to us via e-mail if you want! Even you said that you no longer like the
community so choose another medium!  I hope this isn’t too harsh, but if you
really care and if you indeed like, or ever have liked Lugnet, please go then.

                             Bye,

                                      Regrettably     --==Richard==--

P.S. If were gonna do this, everybody has to show solidarity and ignore him
in unity.
           And If your gonna reply, then keep it in debate or general.