 General / 29527
  Lego pluralism

Here is my contribution to the whole Lego Pluralism thing..... (URL) oughta write Bill Kean a letter: (fantasy letter) Dear Bill, While we here at Lugnet appreciate you bringing Lego into the anals of Family circus....we must point out that Susan (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego pluralism

(...) ^^^^^ I think you mean "annals" ;^) ~1st Lieutenant, Fleebnork Division Muffin Head (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego pluralism

Doh!! ahhhh Lack of sleep, I can't belive I wrote that, ack! I'm a terrible speller.......go sleep now by Lugnet see-ya later..... Thank you Muffin Head...... (anal bah-ha i suk) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego pluralism

Lots of people are missing the point. It is not an issue over "pluralism," but an issue over brand recognition. I would refer everyone to the recent discussion, but it got pretty nasty and off-topic. If you use "LEGO" as a noun, "LEGOs" would indeed (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego pluralism

Intentional pun for the A-R among us, or fortunate slip? You decide.... :) Steve (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: Lego pluralism

That's what I just happened to call it at the time, But your right and there is a difference.... Thanks, I did'nt really look at it like that. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego pluralism

(...) Okay. I've searched, I've found, I'm biased, and here are the results. Please note that all this is from the perspective of North American law and the English language, neither of which may have anything to do with European law and the Danish (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego pluralism

This is very good, and it embodies all that others have said - here and there, all in one, the word Lego in and of itself is and can be used as a plural in conjuction with other parts of speech, just don't tag an "S" at the end. Right? (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego pluralism

(...) Almost -- by my understanding Lego is a substance like air or water that you don't normally count. So it doesn't even _have_ a regular plural form. The excellent explanation I referenced uses "oxygen" as an example.* You don't normally count (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego pluralism

Well said, most Americans that enjoy speaking properly will already do this in practice, we, as Americans often speak very casually as a matter of social expression. Also, a growing number of Americans speak a broken sub tounge rooted in their (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego pluralism

(...) I agree this is how the word LEGO *should* be used, but, as I witnessed on the weekend, most non-AFOLs also seem to use it incorrectly. As in "Pass me that flat blue LEGO", "how come you're hogging all the orange LEGOs?", etc, etc. So its not (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)