 General / 29135
Re: How to get apart that structure?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:02:24 GMT

Hi Holger,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Holger Matthes" <matthes@fh-aachen.de>
In lugnet.general, Andy Lynch writes: • <snip>
It looks to me that only thing that may get it apart is the fact that • sometimes
the bricks flex a little bit, so you could try to push in opposite • directions
on the horizontal 1 x 6 beams and try to pry out one of the plates that are • on
the cross beam in the middle.  If you manage that, then you should be able • to
do the same on the other side and take the cross beam out.  Then it would • just
fall apart.

That is a solution, but does that idea fit the regular way of putting LEGO®
apart?

Looks like it's going to be tough.

Ohh, yes - but even constructing something like that must have been very • tough,
or just coincidence?

I agree the method that I described is a bit un-Lego, but my interest was in
reclaiming the bricks without breaking/destroying any.

If the goal was the make a creation that couldn't be taken apart (as you
indicated), then my vote is that your friend definitely has succeeded!!! :-)

-Andy Lynch

Re: How to get apart that structure?
This has to be the guy who designed the shock towers on the front of the
8448 Super Street Sensation. Rip it apart!

--
Bob Fay
rfay@we.mediaone.net

http://bobfay.users5.50megs.com/index.html