 General / 29053
29052  |  29054
Subject:
April Fools Day is coming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.people, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 06:21:07 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

To All,

Warning:  April Fools Day is one week away.  That means you should expect to
be fooled by someone on April 1 (Sunday).

Be prepared.  And keep in mind that the Internet spans 24 time zones; a post
made by someone early in the morning in their time zone on April 1 may
actually appear to you late at night in your time zone on March 31.  Last
year, there was a train hoax which came a day or two early and caused quite
a stir.

Folks, please resist the urge to post April Fools Day jokes in March.  Early
jokes upset people unnecessarily and aren't what April Fools Day is about.

Please also resist the urge to post jokes, pranks, hoaxes, or lies in the
lugnet.announce newsgroup.  Those aren't what the group is for, so please
don't abuse it.

Thanks, have a good week, and stay sharp!

--
Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com>