 General / 26101
Re: Who has the most Lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 16:28:40 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

In lugnet.general, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
To All,

The subject pretty much says it all. Who does anyway?

Well, I do know Gary Istok (A really cool guy, BTW! : ) ) is perhaps still
second, I think he has over 500,000 parts. There is someone else, Conan, I
think his name is, he is not online or anything, but I heard he has over
2,000,000 parts.

I would agree to those two, but I also think that Frank Filz would be way up
high on that list. Hmmm...

Yup, several other people also (actually, there are definitely folks who
buy more than I do, I just never get around to selling much of mine).
Last I checked, my spreadsheet of cataloged sets came in at over 250k
pieces. I'd estimate that I'm pretty close to 500k. Larry Pieniazek must
BUY several times as much as I do as do several other folks. Mike
Stanley should be up there (how many blue tubs has he claimed to have
used for his train layout?).

I don't know how rapidly Conan buys compared to others of us, but unless
his buying pace is like mine or faster, his collection could well fall
behind the leaders (my collection of 250k-500k has been purchased over
the course of about 20 months so far).

And, I think it's COnan and his uncle, or is it Conan and his nephew. Not
sure. I haven't met him, but wouldn't object to...

Yea, I may have to schedule a trip to the northern midwest sometime,
I've got a sister and a friend or two up Milwaukee way.

Frank