 General / 25531
Re: MOC of the Year? (was:Re: Discontinued Train Items??)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:09:58 GMT

My mention of the Desert Express as MOC of the Year was based just on the
train MOCs I have seen in the past year. If the MOCOTY idea was expanded to
all models, I'm sure Henry Lim's stego would crush all other MOCs (pun,
intended. hah!).

Perhaps there could be a more formal, submission based LUGNET MOCOTY award
based on guidelines similar to the Classic Space competition. And I would
think it would have to have categories such as

Theme based categories (Train, town, castle, space, etc)
Sculptures
Anything Goes

The simple goal of the MOCOTY award would be to offer community recognition
to those individuals whose models are, quite simply, a jaw-dropping,
stunning display of what can be done with the Lego brick when you put your
mind to it. (and the Stego is definitely a jaw-dropper!)

If the idea were to progress, I would keep the criteria, categories and
voting as simple and strait forward as possible. Otherwise the _fun_ will
get lost in nit-picking over whether a model belongs in this category or
that category, etc.

Just a thought.

Bryan

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message

Bryan Kinkel wrote:

And Holger, that Desert Express *is* awesome. Could be the MOC of the • Year!

Wow, high praise, especially considering Henry Lim's stego was built this • year
as well... (My personal vote)

This might be fun-- nominate your favorite MOC of 2000.

-John

Bryan... from Pennsylvania, USA!