 General / 24217
Re: Mosaic Kit 3 shades of gray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 20:57:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Coats writes:
Ben Gatrelle wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ben Gatelle writes:
There may be a problem here.
An earlier post referred to Light Gray as being the standard Gray, with the >>new color being Medium Gray, not (scala) Light Gray.
Thus the Scala Gray may not be the new 'gray' used in the Mosaic...
-Jon
Yes, I thought the same thing, but enough of us have already put in orders,
though mine was more even in the distribution of colors, that I guess we
will have to see when they arrive. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Scala
light gray.  Obviously someone will have to post details once the bags are
in hand.
BEN GATRELLE

Well my Mosaic Kit has arrived.  I can confirm that the kit has three shades
of gray plates (which everyone already knew)
Actually I though it was bricks as those would be much more useful.
What sizes are the plates?  Are they all 1x1?

Yes.
a standard dark gray, a
standard gray (the same color as the baseplate), and a lighter gray between
the regular gray and white. I don't have the scala light gray, but it was
described as this color.
The medium gray is a standard gray however. There is not a new
between-dark-gray-and-regular-gray gray.

The baseplate is a regular large baseplate.
What color is the baseplate?

Standard, regular, old-fashioned gray. This is the only gray I have ever
seen used in road plates or the X-Large Gray Baseplate <set:628> which is
what this is.
BEN GATRELLE