 General / 23688
Re: Concerning Juniorisation.. Where are we? & Crystal Ball gazing..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:29:17 GMT

Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote:
To me juniorisation is when a set is made using large specialized pieces
where the same or similar effect could have been achieved using more
generic/standard pieces.
That is my personal definition.  I think some others include lack of
imagination in set design to be jr as well.

That, plus a general dumbing-down and simplification of design. For example,
cars without doors.

Additionally (especially in technic) there's the emphasis of play over
building -- which ironically translates to far less long-term play value.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/