 General / 23048
Re: Science Experiment- need help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.test, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 01:07:42 GMT

An optical illusion most likely. You can spin it near the monitor but looking
next to the screen and it will turn only one direction. Or you can stand back
and put the propellor between the monitor and your eyes and it will again turn
in 2 directions. If these don't work, your computer is very strange.

NICK

P.S.: magnets don't affect plastic.

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
To answer: Is my computer emitting abnormal magnetic fields?

Materials needed: 8504 Jet Throwbot (or LEGO toy with similar propellor), your
computer

Directions:
1. Stand away from the computer.
2. Spin the propellor by tapping on one side
3. Note the direction of spinning.
4. Now hold the propellor up against the monitor.
5. Spin in a similar manner
6. Observe.

I was playing with Jet near the computer, and when I spun his propellor it
changed direction and acted weird.  It doesn't do this when its not near the
computer.  Is this normal (safe?), or do I need a new monitor?  This isn't
exactly LEGO-related, but I just want to see if this happens to other people.