 General / 21051
Re: Minifig heads....I guess what I'm really asking...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:32:42 GMT

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote:

In lugnet.general, Scott Allison writes:
....is what figs take the heads without holes?

You do realise that the "hole" in question is in the stud on top of the head,
right?  Early ones have solid studs- like on a brick.  Later ones have "holes"
in the stud- the stud is hollow.

The "neck hole" is the same on both styles of heads.  The extended stud on the
top of any minifig torso (in fact, any stud at all) will fit in the "neck
hole".  Any minifig accessory will work with either type of head, as well- to
my knowledge, there is no minifig hat, helmet, hair, etc. that uses the hollow
top-stud in any different way from a solid stud.

...FWIW, the hollow stud does have one advantage, thin round things (like things a minifig
can hold: spears, light saber blades, lances), they can stick into the new head hole... so
the new head hole is a bit more functional than the old solid design (tho why exactly you
would want a light saber blade sticking out the top of your fig is left as an exercise for
the reader).

--
...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
Jain's Guide (http://wildlink.com/lego/jain)