 General / 20353
Re: Hooked again! Another new AFOL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:49:59 GMT

Norman Mensing wrote:

Hi there.

After reading LUGNET for some months, and the more I read and looked
around at the cool pages and MOCs (or better YOGs ?), the more I got
hooked again. Unfortunately all my Lego stuff was in the baement at my
grandpas house, but I HAD to have some of these fascinating bricks in my
hands again, so I went to the TRU and had a closer look at the lego
shelves. The 2879 "Treasure raiders" (which is a TRU special in Germany,
as I know by now) caught my eyes, especially as it was marked down to 10
DM (~ $5), and now I'm fully into Lego again.

It still took me some time to find out how to post to LUGNET though, but
now I got it.

My favorite themes are space (ever was), of course including Star Wars,
I liked town, when it still was not juniorized, I love the adventurers,
and I always had big fun building big technic stuff.

Its great to have found a community like LUGNET to share thoughts and
ideas, and to see so many other people being addicted to those fantastic
little bricks.

So much for now,

Norman

Welcome Norman (Willkommen Norman!) to the wonderful world of LUGNET!!

By your EMAIL I take it that you are either American (or from another
English speaking country), or you have excellent English writing skills.  (I
think you are American because you said "grandpa" and because you said "10
DM" instead of DM10 or DM10,-  like a native German would).  But you do have
a German last name (Mensing).

It's always good to get people to delurk.........

Gary (Gerhard) Istok
my new EMAIL address is gistok@earthlink.net