 General / 19110
Re: Any Themepary Layouts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 01:40:51 GMT

I built a working roller coaster at one point with 4.5 train tracks and a
4.5V motor.

I used technic (Expert Builder at that time) beams for the supports.  The
highest peak was about 2 feet high.  After that, it went down, did a U-turn,
then fell into a 360 degree turn and then 180 degrees around in the opposite
direction and back to the start.

It was pretty fun, but I didn't take any pictures! :(

The 4.5V train tracks are much more flexible than 12V or 9V and much more
suited to roller coasters.

I once saw a LEGO-designed roller coaster at a mall LEGO show.  It was in a
figure-8 configuration using 12V track.  I think it looped around 3
different levels.

Brad

Jamie Obrien <jamien@interworx.com.au> wrote in message
Hi, i was thinking about theme parks (Beverly Hills cop 3's on) and
was wondering if anybody had tried to put together a theme park, with
a few actually working rides (maybe a rollercoaster).

I'm thinking the monorail might be a bit big, but if you had enough
curves it could look pretty cool!

Cheers

Jamie Obrien
jamien@interworx.com.au

Downloading the MS SDK on a 56k modem is just plain evil!