 General / 17529
Re: Why We Don't Have X-Coloured Elements, and TLC Does...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 05:06:33 GMT

Now a lot of us complain about how TLC has their own endless supplies of
brown, lt blue, pink, whatever-colour-you-wish bricks, and how we don't have
any of those goodies.  I think the reason is this: TLC hasn't come out with a
set that requires the use of those bricks!

I can say this much: if TLG had allowed assorted colors such as pink or purple
to trickle into their town sets back in 1978, I could have been much more likely
to stay with town sets. This is one of the major appeals of Rock Raiders as far
as I'm concerned. Teal is COOL!

For example, if it wasn't for the Wild West Theme, why make brown bricks for
public use?

Bryan

Simple- how do you build a realistic tree model? Use green and brown.
Conversely, brown signifies dirt or wood. This could be quite useful in a town
for a construction site, or for any underground sets (hint, hint).

Unfortunately, it seems that TLG likes to remake the same sets over and over in
the same colors (ie: police in black and white), rather than the colors we need
(mono black, mono red except for fire fighters). I think you get the picture.