 General / 16476
  Fun OLD Bricks/History questions

I recently picked up this lot of printed bricks: (URL) wondering if anybody knows where the 6 larger bricks came from and approximately when they were made (Gary I.??). The "Baeckerei" and "Tabak" bricks do not have "Lego" printed on the studs; it's (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fun OLD Bricks/History questions

(...) And I won't disappoint you, Alan! The named beams without LEGO on the studs are circa 1955-57. I have a few 1x6 white beams (some with names, some without) that don't have the LEGO logo. The (hollow bottom) named beams with the logo were from (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fun OLD Bricks/History questions

(...) There are all blue numbers and letters printed on the side of white 1x1 bricks. Do these set numbers correspond at all to the different styles of printing on the number and letter 1x1 bricks? The early '60s Samsonite letters I have are in (...) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fun OLD Bricks/History questions

Gary again makes me bow in utter disbelief of the knowledge you have about lego!!!! Keep up the great research Gary, you are an asset to the groups here! Tamy Gary Istok wrote: <snipped Alan's message> (...) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fun OLD Bricks/History questions

(...) I don't have a lot of time today to go into a decent discussion, so I'll do that later this week. But there are a large variety of these available as well. One thing though, they were all black or blue print. I've seen lower case letters from (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fun OLD Bricks/History questions

(...) Unfortunately, no, there was no Lego in Turkey before 1983. Even now, Turkey is still a small market for TLC to produce customized sets (they started printing regular warning texts on the boxes in Turkish just in 1999, even though the Turkish (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)