 General / 16115
16114  |  16116
Subject:
Speculation on the nature of minifigs (moved from Dear LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 14:16:39 GMT

This is an attempt to move this thread over to where IU meant to post it in
the first place.

I see it has come up (again) in another thread that the LEGO minifigs have
no homes.  I think it is long past time to put this whole question to rest.

Where DO minifigs live?  HOW do they live? Where do they come from?  What is
their nature?

Let us begin with what we know:

1.  Minifigs appear to be able to eat. We know this because the Pizza
Restaurant seems designed to cater to them, as wellas the McDonalds. (Well,
we don't really "know" that they eat the pizza, but a minifig chef prepares
it, so it is a safe ppresumption he could eat it, too.  And the minifigs are
known to use the drive in at Mcdonalds.)

2. Minifigs can be injured. This is shown by the presence of a stretcher in
the the Res-Q ambulance. So we know that when a fig is injured, it has to be
taken somewhere, rather than cannibalized for oarts on the spot, a la the
Borg.

3. There do not appear to be any places for figs to relieve themselves. Now,
on the ground, you could argue that we have just not SEEN any yet, but we
have seen ALL of the spaceships, and they do not appear to have any
restrooms.  I will grant that this might be to make them nastier warriors,
but it seems a bit much to endure on a lengthy voyage. I would have to
conclude that they don't have bathrooms because they have no use for them.

4. Minifigs appear to have at least rwo genders, male and female, which
implies reproduction of some sort, but children minifigs appear to be the
same size as adult minifigs. It is not clear if this similarity in size
actually exists in infancy, but if this is so, a traditional birth canal
sounds a little too painful to posit. (On the other hand, if their original
sin was much more serious than ours...playing with "Megablocks," for
example...then the more serious pain of childbirth may be justified.)

What else do we know, exactly, so that we may draw conclusions?

Rob
3. There do not appear to be any places for figs to relieve themselves. Now,
on the ground, you could argue that we have just not SEEN any yet, but we
have seen ALL of the spaceships, and they do not appear to have any
restrooms.  I will grant that this might be to make them nastier warriors,
but it seems a bit much to endure on a lengthy voyage. I would have to
conclude that they don't have bathrooms because they have no use for them.

There are bathrooms on some of the trains.

In lugnet.dear-lego, Robert M. Dye writes:
I see it has come up (again) in another thread that the LEGO minifigs have
no homes.  I think it is long past time to put this whole question to rest.

Where DO minifigs live?  HOW do they live? Where do they come from?  What is
their nature?

3. There do not appear to be any places for figs to relieve themselves. Now,
on the ground, you could argue that we have just not SEEN any yet, but we
have seen ALL of the spaceships, and they do not appear to have any
restrooms.  I will grant that this might be to make them nastier warriors,
but it seems a bit much to endure on a lengthy voyage. I would have to
conclude that they don't have bathrooms because they have no use for them.

Well, Todd made a place for them space guys... shown in Larry's pages, IIRC.
always put in at least one bathroom in my town houses...

4. Minifigs appear to have at least rwo genders, male and female, which
implies reproduction of some sort, but children minifigs appear to be the
same size as adult minifigs. It is not clear if this similarity in size
actually exists in infancy, but if this is so, a traditional birth canal
sounds a little too painful to posit. (On the other hand, if their original
sin was much more serious than ours...playing with "Megablocks," for
example...then the more serious pain of childbirth may be justified.)

LOL!

What else do we know, exactly, so that we may draw conclusions?

We know minifigs never die. They only get really large boo-boos.
(My memory deceives me as to where I've heard that... perhaps on Eric Brok's
site?)

-Shiri