 General / 14109
Re: For Your Eyes Only !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 13:52:03 GMT

Also, consider the fact of how EASY it would be to recreate this thing form
parts we all have laying around.  I would guesstimate only 2000 pieces in the
work.  If you printed a nice quality copy of the auction list, I think it
would be easy enough to do on your own.  Just map the thing on graph paper,
and start copying.  Why would you pay $11,000 for it???  I sent the lister
several questions about it.  I'll report back with what they say.

In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.general, Jean-marc Détraz writes:
Lego art has reached a new standard!  Maybe not the highest priced Lego in • eBay
history, but certainly the highest opening bid I have ever seen.  Is this
really made of Lego pieces?  What's your opinion?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244432396

She's a real beauty, but way outta my price range... {:^)>

Jean-Marc

It looks like it is just a test post, hence its astronomical opening bid.
'Course, I could be wrong.

Yeah, but either way she's gotta pay the *fee* on the damnable thing!

...I'll bet the Queen Amidala one of us LUGNETters build would not only be • more
impressive an item in auction, but might actually fetch that much!

best

Lindsay