 General / 13243
13242  |  13244
Subject:
Posting problems with Microsoft Outlook Express
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 01:09:49 GMT

I used to have a problem posting from MS-Outlook Newsreader and also with
Outlook Express.  It worked on my home computer, but failed when I used my
laptop to post.  Bizarre, but apparently, I was not the only one with this
problem.

I found out how to fix it, I believe, since I am now able to post.  If
anybody needs help, try this:

In Outlook or Outlook Express, select Tools on the pull down menu and go to
accounts.

Select the news tab and then select Lugnet.  On the right side, select
properties.

Select the Advanced tab and on the bottom, check the box that says "Ignore
news sending format and send using"

Select the radio button for Plain Text.  You should be able to post OK.

Apparently, the news posting format was not working on MS Outlook Newsreader
and Outlook Express.  Some copies have this problem and some don't.

Mike