 General / 12958
Re: "Just Build" at www.lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 21:47:40 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
I don't know how long this has been in place, but it's new to me. In the
members area under "what's new," there is a live, on-screen brick builder app.
It contains many of the elements seen in the LEGO Advent Calendar set. Drag
and drop. Two-button mouse for horiz. vs.vert. movement.

Now workie for Macs or Linux yet, but you're in luck under Windows.

I'd love to hear what others think about this -- the interface, having to get
special plug-in, speed, etc.

-Suz

oops! above should say: "No workie for Macs..."

I tried this building thing, btw, under Virtual PC. Only has like 9 pieces.
difficult working in the default point of view. slow. can't save your work,
mainly frustrating. Has a cool model rotation feature though -- spins the bricks
so you can see their undersides.

-Suz

Message has 1 Reply:
  Re: "Just Build" at www.lego.com

Good, now I don't feel guilty about not furthering the development of my little brick building applet at: (URL) I wrote in a 30 fit of Java-programming months ago eric (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

Message is in Reply To:
  "Just Build" at www.lego.com

I don't know how long this has been in place, but it's new to me. In the members area under "what's new," there is a live, on-screen brick builder app. It contains many of the elements seen in the LEGO Advent Calendar set. Drag and drop. Two-button (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce)