 General / 12941
12940  |  12942
Subject:
Swearing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 14:07:15 GMT

WARNING: this post should not be read by children or those with weak
constitutions, as it contains a word that some people have complained
about.

Look, this is ridiculous.

If everyone is going to whinge whenever someone uses a word that *may*
be *slightly* offensive to *someone*, I don't belong here either.

This thread is doing bad things to my blood pressure.

If the Owner has a problem with Bad Words, perhaps He can put the
censorship in place to mask the words that some people don't like.

But jumping on someone for saying dammit is ludicrous. I gave up having
my English corrected twenty years ago, and I'm not going to put up with
it now.

If children and adults are going to coexist here to the satisfaction of
those children's parents, and the adults who contribute, there is going
to have to be some give and take. And probably regulation.

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000, Richard Parsons (<Fnn1ro.KL5@lugnet.com>) wrote at
03:58:58

James Brown wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, Richard Parsons writes:
(Its a joke, its a joke ******.  Relax.  Here, maybe you need some soma.)
<editing mine>

Folks, I hate to be a PITA, here, but will ya cut the swearing, please?  I
have to say the casual one-offs here in .general bug me a whole lot more • than
anything else.

It just isn't necessary to do it.  Take it as a challenge to your literary
skills if you have to, but please, maintain courtesy.

(not picking on you in specific, Richard, you just happen to be today's • random
sample)

Wow.  Do you know (in all honesty) that it never occurred to me that anyone
here could find this offensive.

So, ah, sorry.

I won't get into the old argument about sense and sensibility, or the things
that bug me.  I have seen before that no-one changes their minds, no-one
wins.

So just, sorry.

I don't belong here.

Richard