 General / 12634
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:53:47 GMT

Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote:
historical setting but not modern settings but even this has been
contradicted in some of the Outback Sets.  For me I would just like TLC to
make a stand one way or the other and stick to it.

For what it's worth, when we have kids, Karen and I won't buy Lego sets
which have guns in them. And if we do currently get a set which happens to
have some, we give them away.

Little pointy things on the spaceships are ok. Swords and other
dragon-slaying equipment are pushing it. But there's a very real line which
guns cross for us.

We personally would prefer if Lego would stop making the guns they do, and
hope they never make modern military sets. But if that's not the way the
product line goes, that's okay too: we'll just buy the non-military sets,
and explain that rule to our children.