 General / 12195
Re: DUPLO Animals (Was Re: What lego animals are there?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:53:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Yossi Gil writes:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I don't recall which sets these are from but I have 3 yellow camel
head/shoulders that have LEGO (not DUPLO) bottoms.

Here is my list of DUPLO animals, which I think is fairly complete.

Hi, funny that this post should be here today, after reading the rlated posts
on lego animals, yesterday, I catalogued all my Duplo animals, I have some
animals to add to your list, and some questions for you, I will cross post
this to lugnet.duplo so others can fill in the gaps.......

Rachel

Pets theme:
Black Scottie dog which comes in both based and unbased version (quite
rare).
Dalmatian dog unbased (a bit rare)
Grey cat

Old farm theme:
Red cow of two different versions (slight differences in eyes)
White sheep.
Pig
Gray, light brown and yellow (?) horse

Yes the one piece horse does come in yellow, I just won it in a collection of
assorted items on ebay, though I had never seen it before, does anyone know
what set it came in????

Continuing farm theme:
White hen
White rooster

I have a white rooster, where did you get the hen from???? I missed that one.
Sheep aso came in the new sets (more rounded instead of square backs)

New farm theme:
White and black white cow
White and black white calf
Grey adult pig
Grey piglet (based)
Light brown adult horse (poseable)
Light brown colt
White/light brown colt (pony?)
Dark brown / light patches colt

I have never seen the grey pig you are referring to, I have a pink piglet and
adult. Where did the grey one come from?
Horses also came in a very dark brown with no patches,
Cowboy horse with printed saddle
Indian horse with colorful painted symbols
Black horse with red saddle (only in the circus set 2652 as far as I know)

Felines:
Light brown lion (poseable)
Light brown lioness (poseable)
Light brown lion cub (based)
Orange lioness (poseable)
Orange lion cub (based)
Black panther (poseable)
Black panther cub (based)
Yellow adult tiger (poseable)
Yellow tiger cub (poseable)

Have never seen the light brown lions, again, where did you get them (i must
be complete in the duplo animals!!!!)

Jungle:
Grey adult elephant (poseable)
Grey elephant calf
Yellow adult giraffe (poseable)
Yellow baby giraffe
Green crocodile

Have to add the brown monkey here

Bear:
White arctic bear (poseable)
White baby arctic bear (based)
Black bear (poseable)
Black bear (based)
Black and white panda bear (based)

have never seen the black bear, where did this origionalte from? I have brown
bears from the Indian sets
Did the panda ever come in an adult sized figure?

Water:
Black adult dolphin
Black baby dolphin
Black seal
Grey white striped seal

(This is actually spotted, grey with dk grey spots, at least in my seals)

Penguin
Grey adult hippo (poseable)
Grey baby hippo
Purple adult hippo (poseable)
Purple baby hippo

Again never saw the purple hippos, and I always thought the dolphins you have
listed were killer whales???? (black with white patches)

Dinosaurs: 4 pairs of adult and baby dinosaurs (Don't care much about these)

These come in

T Rex(?) red with  yellow spots)
Triceratops (?) green with orange spots
brontasuarus (?) orange with dk orange spots
Ptyradactyl yellow
All these dinos come in adult and baby figures

However I saw recently that the US has violet dinos, but can't remember which
dino it was (T Rex I think) And the ptyradactyl is now produced in red

Winnie the pooh: Winnie (poseable), piglet, aeyore, and tigger

Don't forget the forest friends

ladybug (red with black spots of course)
Purple ride on spider with spider web
Yellow/black striped bumble bee
Green snail

Anyone know of anymore???