 General / 12069
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 20:12:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Aaron West writes:
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
To attract a bigger share of the market, look at the popular figures and toys
and either liscence them (pokemon lego???) or make something similar. e.g.
power rangers were (or are) proplar so make something similar.

If I ever see a Pokemon LEGO, I WILL throw up.

Yeah, but just think, with a Pikachu Lego Piece, you'd have a new "Evil
Monster for Knights to Slay(TM)".  :)  Although, I think I'd save that spot for
Jigglypuff.  On the upside, I'd have a Jesse Minifig(1).  ;)

Power rangers!?!?!

Ick.  Is that show still around??

When I was 12 I made the ENTIRE LINE of Thundercats (now on Cartoon Network)
on mini-fig scale.  Nothing could touch my Thundercat Tank or my Cats Lair
Fortress.  My Mummra was EVIL and my Liono was authentic.  If LEGO could team
up with Cartoon Network and make a DECENT line of Thundercats (LJN is dead as
a toymaker) I would FLIP MY LID!!!!  Cartoon Network is where it's at, baby!!!
PLEASE, LEGO, DO THE THUNDERCATS.
If you need refreshers, EMAIL ME!!!
Aaron>maniac@vol.com

If they were going to do a classic animation series, it'd *have* to be
Robotech.  *Nothing* can compare.  Besides, a transformable Veritech Fighter
would be *so* much cooler than a dinky X-Wing.  :)  Oooh!!  Ultimate Collectors
Series Veritech!  Now that would rake in the money!

Jeff