 General / 11822
Re: New 2000 sets in Lego.com European catalog!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:35:39 GMT

Okay, meanwhile someone else has given a way better description with more
detailed set numbers, but unfortunately the pictures are broken again right
now so I can't check out the things I forgot, very strange. Could anybody
put them on his own site constantly or is this no good idea? I am so
absoloutely happy about the direct LEGO service that it is no problem for me
now to wait for the pictures, I am sure I will see them in 2000 early
enough, bulk orders are waaaaay more interesting.

Bye, Christian
The World is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de

Christian Gemuenden <GECH1@t-online.de> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
FMJnJr.Foo@lugnet.com...
A very strange thing in my opinion.

This morning I was able to see the pics, surfed around and thought I saw
everything. Then a bit later everything dissapeared, and now it is ALL • back,
I love those pics, they must be official. Well, there are many mistakes
among. Note that the Duplo "Kids/Toolo" link is called "dolls" but there • are
no dolls at all yet. Same thing for Racers, some of them are shown but in
the City range. The new Competition set (one so far 8300) is in Starter
category. The Arctic theme is called ARTIC (no c). The Episode 1 autumn • sets
are declared as Ultimate Collectors Theme while those sets are not shown.
The 59xx Dinosaur sets are way incomplete but the baby T is cool.
Well as there are that many mistakes obviously I am sure TLC is testing
something. The pictures mostly show protopyes. Well, no real prototypes • but
the backgrounds are all white which is untipically for TLC and each fairy
(5823-5827) has a black sheet behind the wings. This is probably because • TLC
plans to use photo-shop or other programs to modify the pics. I don't • think
we see the final version here so better get the pics while you can, I am
sure they are not 100% official, something must be wrong over there.
So far I downloaded more than 50 new pictures of 2000 sets but I am sure • to
find more in Duplo and baby. Well, those are not too important IMO. If you
can't see them, I can e-mail them out, in all it makes less than 1MB. I
think it is not "illegal" or unfair to e-mail these pictures as they were
officially available and no retailer pics. However very very confusing, I
wouldn't put them on databases yet.

Here are some more points you should check if not done yet:
8000, 8002 nice box design (and most city sets also)
8300 NEW TECHNIC MINIFIGS (strange "clothes")
5823, 5825 and other Belville sets are great for colours. So much light • blue
and transparent pink. A light blue 8x4 plate, a light yellow tiger cat, • 1x2
light blue slope bricks and some other nice ones.

Not mentioned yet:
6619 6618 6600 (large box)
6478 6477 6474
6471 6470
TEN soccer sets (4 busses among) 3401-3410

Okay, I will have to welcome Brad Justus now, maybe TLC also ready this • and
can start with their new direct service and simply explain us the meaning • of
all this. It would be nice to know about new light blue piece bulk sales
also otherwise I will have to buy those Belville sets (I like them after
all).

Bye, Christian.

The World is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de

Richard Finegold <raf@deainc.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
FMIsLx.5JG@lugnet.com...
I was looking at the <http://www.lego.com/> official LEGO web site and • checked
to see if any catalog entries had been updated.  Sure enough, there were
plenty of them in Europe!  I'll admit that I checked most of these • numbers
by
typing them at the end of a

http://www.lego.com/catalog/eur/productzoom.asp?number=2904

type of line.  Here are the ones I easily found that aren't in Pause.

2077
2904 2909 2912 2913 2914
5823-5827 (check out the striped cat in the first one!)
6423 6470 6478 6600
4801 4807 6098
3401-3410
5903 5904 (no picture on the latter)