 General / 11781
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:34:37 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Brad Justus wrote:

[snipped Brad's message]

Hi, Brad!  Welcome to LUGNet!

As an AFOL and father of two KABOBs (and uncle to two former KABOBs, and two
more future KABOBs), I'm very excited about the possibilities for LEGO Direct.
The online ordering (especially if it's comprehensive and global) sounds great,
the bulk ordering sounds promising, but I am most excited about the
communication and support LEGO Direct could provide.  I'm especially thinking
about the various regional LEGO clubs which are starting to spring up.

we are planning to make bulk ordering +IBM- albeit initially in a restricted
format +IBM- available by then.

Hmm.  If "restricted" means just basic bricks in just basic colors, I'm not sure
how well things will go at the start.  If "restricted" just means there is a
time delay or requirements for large minimum orders, I don't think any serious
buyer will mind.

Now, If you started with basic bricks, plates, slopes and tiles in all
currently-producted colors.  That would be a cool starting point.

What do you love?

LEGO bricks.

What do you hate?

Juniorized sets.  I don't mind the big pieces as much as the designs of the
models.  Lack of car doors, lack of detail, cars that are a plate stuck on an
underbody brick, with a windshield stuck on the front.  Those things are bad.

Well, there are some evil SPUD (Special-Purpose, Useless, Decorative) pieces:
the helicopter skids, the helicopter chassis, the two-rail semi-trailer bed, the
car underbody bricks with built-in axles and slopes.

How can  we help you?

Sell us what we want, in a way that generates profit for you and bricks for us.

Steve