 General / 11773
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:08:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Justus writes:
To LEGO enthusiasts everywhere:

message snipped<

Thanks for your willingness to listen and to help us better enjoy our hobby.

Much of what has already been said mirrors the general consensus of this
group.  People in this community like to build, display, organize, collect,
and play.  We love your product and can generate more positive publicity than
most advertising campaigns. I would venture to say that the AFOL community can
be the backbone of your push to make LEGO >the< brand name among families in
the near future.  Just ask any of the LEGO train clubs and they can tell you
about the swarms of kids surrounding their layouts and the number of S@H
catalogs that they could hand out.

To create real revenue growth in the AFOL market, you will need to sell "Sr."
sets that we will want to buy; continue to make inroads with the techie, geek,
modeling, railroading, and artistic communities; and provide bulk pieces.

But I get the feeling that we are not TLC's main target market.  So what I ask
you to do is to help us enjoy our hobby, recognize the AFOL community, and
help us help you promote your product.  Give us the pieces that we want at
affordable prices.  Visit our great model builders (James Mathis, Ed Boxer,
Steve Barile, and many others) to create instructions of their wonderful
creations.  Then find ways to sell part packs of the more interesting and
unusual pieces of these creations.  If it is feasible to re-release sets or
create the advanced sets that we want, then please make it so.  If not, please
give us the tools that we can do so ourselves.

Help us organize local events such as building contests and special exhibits.
Just imagine what some of our model builders could create without the current
limitations of pieces.  The media just eats up coverage of our models and
exhibits(see my post in lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan for tonight's news story in
Kansas City)

Thanks for listening.  I'm very excited about the possibilities...

Build well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.megsinet.net/~stabno/SimiLego.htm