 General / 11745
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 15:24:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Justus writes:
To LEGO enthusiasts everywhere:

<snip>

Yahoo!!!  I am going to be in debt forever now.  Should I just transfer owner
ship of my house to TLC now or wait and auction it off later to pay my debts?

My wish list:
1. Metroliner (Metroliner, Metroliner, Metroliner)
2. Cars for above
3. DCC (Digital Command Control) for Lego trains
4. Automated switching rails for 9V (preferably controlled with DCC)
5. Automated level crossings (preferably controlled with DCC)
6. Do another large airport set

My hopes for the direct purchasing:
1. That you would be able to purchase online any set that TLC has.  This would
involve having the complete TLC stock in the database.  I have a feeling there
are sets languishing out there in warehouses that would be snatched up in
minutes if the online community knew about them and could get them easily.

2. That the bulk purchasing would be available for all the pieces TLC is
currently making.  I guess what I am imagining would be an online ordering
system where each piece has a base price.  You then could order any amount of
pieces and get discounts based on the quantity of the item that you bought.  I
imagine for the back end you would want to do this in an automated fashion.
Big hoppers with all the pieces in them and a box that travels under the
hoppers?  I don't know and I'm not a packaging engineer.

Play well,
Steve