 General / 11716
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 12:39:14 GMT

Wow!  This is a major, major breakthrough since the days of RTL just a few
years ago when the only place online to discuss Lego was just one unorganized
group with no order where spammers lurked every day and messages expired after
a short period of time.
Thanks to the years of hard work of Todd Lehman & friends who created a large
Lego site which now includes multiple discussion groups, centralized database
of most Lego sets ever released, close to 500 links to Lego-related pages and
even a spotlight page which shows what's going on in Lego every day, we will
now be able to order bulk quantities of specialized pieces and who knows what
else as the relationship of AFOLs with TLC grows into a great friendship.  Way
to go Todd!!!!!!

One far-off day in about 50-60 years or more when Todd Lehman is no more, his
underwear with the Lugnet logo will be auctioned off on Ebay for thousands of
dollars with hundreds of eager bidders sitting in front of their monitors at
the last minutes of this great auction sweating, swearing and frantically
trying to reload their pages and submit bids so they too can own this great
Lego collectors item which has been a part of Lego history in making.  This
might be the only Lego item which will be sold for more as "used" than in mint
condition.  The lucky winner will fly to Massachussets to pick up his prized
winnings personally as the final price will be more than the airplane ticket
itself.  He or she will hang their prized possession on top of their fireplace
between an unopened yellow castle and a badly discolored galaxy explorer, look
at it every night and be proud that they own an item that was worn by the
greatest Lego leader of all time.

Anyway, I should stop.  Don't flame me.  It's 2:30 am here, I drank too much
coffee and can't fall asleep.