 General / 11640
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 00:50:43 GMT

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Brad Justus wrote:

With this missive, the LEGO Company asks to open a dialogue with you

Welcome Brad.  With LUGnet's policy of verifying e-mail addresses, and the
fact that you have a lego.com address, I'm going to assume that this
isn't some incredibly cruel hoax.

our offline direct services), and intend to have the first release
ready for you by late next Summer. But here's a little preview that
we think you'll like: we are planning to make bulk ordering - albeit
initially in a restricted format - available by then.

*drool*  Train windows, please.  Lots and lots of train windows.  And
doors.  And other bricks.  And... *ahem*

What do you love?

Love: LEGO, the basic brick.  The Star Wars sets.  The older Train sets.
Trains in general.

What do you hate?

Hate: pink bricks.  Juniorization.  The lack of train sets.  The lack of
support from LEGO for LEGO train enthusiasts.

How can we help you?

Bestow some sort of official status on the train clubs that meet some
minimum criteria.
Put out sets of buildings so kids can build a proper town instead of a
roadside attraction.  Libraries, schools, offices, BUILDINGS.
Put out more train sets!
Make it possible to buy bricks and sets on-line direct from LEGO.
Make the lego website usable instead of a mass of overly clever web design
that works out to be low quality because too much effort is being put into
making it "kewl".

we ought to consider creating a new newsgroup (or simply reformat
lugnet.dear-lego) to serve as the online communication-to-LEGO
channel. It's up to you.

Yo, TODD!!!!  I hear an invitation!

Happy Holidays. And Play Well.

Right back at ya.

-Laura Gjovaag, Bothell Washington, member of PNLTC