 General / 11541
Re: Your Resumes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 01:24:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Loch writes:
Heck no!  I wouldn't even put that in if I was applying for
a job at TLC, depending on the job.  (theme development yes, network
engineer no).

1. It's not at all relevant to the professional skills/duties for the job.  You
should not have anything in your resume' that fails this test.

2. For the vast majority of people AFOL is percieved as a sort of
social/psycological disorder.  This is due to a bug in socialization 1.0
and a misunderstanding of the complexity of the LEGO <-> mind system.

My boss at my last job was a Lego fan!  However I agree with you, and
have taken it off my CV.  I now employ the euphemism "being creative".
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/liamp/cv.html
I would like to think that my skills got me the job, and not being
pally with the management.  I also say swimming, rather than surfing,
as people have funny ideas about this pursuit too.  I really do hate
being asked these questions in interview - It's none of their
business what I do in my spare time!!
--Liam.