 Gaming / Starship / 891
Re: Who's here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:49:29 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, John P. Henderson wrote:

Greetings! Hey guys. I feel like I am drifting even further away lately - a hazard of being in Space I guess! But I’m not totally gone. It’s good to see some recent ativity in this newsgroup, and even better to hear several old and new players are still role-playing behind the scenes in active sectors.

My real-life continues to impede (if that’s the right word) on all my hobbies, including Lego and Starship. More than once negotiations for land or a house have fallen through for various reasons not our own fault. Frustrated and needing an emotional break, my wife and I have decided to stay with the in-laws and pause our search for at least another six months. This has prompted a renovation of the attic to give us more space - a time consuming project of itself, but it won’t be enough to take the bricks out of the renta-cave, nor will I likely have more time online any time soon. (I happen to be online today because I’m playing hookie from work to get some much needed R&R.) Anyhoo, not looking for sympathy or anything, just letting you all know what I’ve been up to.

In the meantime, I appreciate everyone who is keeping Starship going. It always was and always will be a group effort. Is there anyone else out there in the Galaxy other than the recent posts? I’d love to see a few more responses to this thread just to know there’s life out there... :)

-GM Hendo

First of all, glad to hear from you John. I’ve been wondering where you at, man.

Second, I know how it is. I and my wife had to stay with family for over six months when we moved to Florida before we found a place to live within our price range. Legoing was scant if at all during that time.

From the sounds of it, and from your other post on the GM vote, it sounds like you need someone to take the reigns for a time. I just hope that your situation gets better soon and that we will seen a triumphant return of one of our best players (that being you, of course.)

Know that we are with you and supporting you and can’t wait ‘til you get back.

-Avery