 Gaming / 506
Re: Aargh! A ghost!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:21:15 GMT

James Howse wrote:

Here's my stab a rules for the ghost in brikwars.

No wonder they're such vengeful spirits!  All this stabbing...

Move:  3x1d6 studs (1d6" for imperialists)

This begs the question:  Why would the ghost of an imperialist be
slower?  All the plundered riches of benighted peoples dragging him down?

Hm, now that I look at it again, do you mean 'empiricist?'  In that case,
I ought to point out that 3 studs is a little less than an inch, and 4
studs is a bit long (as we found in La Game Pirate d'Stevie Evil).
Curses!  However I do like the 3-stud inch better than the 4-stud inch,
because everyone really has to get close and nasty to fight.

Armour: 1d6
Skill: 1d6
Special: Ghostly touch Range 1d6   Damage 1d6 poison points
         Ethereal any dice roll that come up 1, the ghost disappears.
Cost: 15CP
May be summoned by Nekromancers using 15SP

Perhaps there ought to be a "Scooby Doo" effect on a roll of 1, where the
ghost is revealed to be that creepy old codger from the sawmill (with
appropriate stats)?

Also, ought ghosts not have some effect on troop morale?  Combatants of
any era, surrounded by the spectre of death (pun fully intended)
constantly, are likely to be a heck of a lot more superstitious about
such things. Why, if it's been particularly carnagerrific [TM pending
2000 me], the ghost might very well be someone the enemy *recognises*.
Creeeepy.  "Oh no!  It's Uncle Earl!  Run!"

Slap-happily,

LFB