 Gaming / 326
Re: An Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 04:41:56 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Randy Williams writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Justin Chislett writes:
Hmm. I was thinking the other day... LDRAW has a centralized resource
(ldraw.org, duh) and I was wondering if it would be worth making one for us
PBB wargamers? The site could contain the following:
- Archive for game systems
- archive of battle reports
- message board
- chat
- misc. utilities like dice rollers, etc.
- Vehicle instructions for the games.
- other stuff

Is there any need for such a site?

Yes, Yes, YYESSSS!!!!!!!
I had an idea to have instructions/ability sets for brikwars and the such, and
other cool stuff. this is such a great idea! maybe we can make a PBBWG (PBB
Wargamer group) or PWLUG or something :) brikwars.org anyone?

I had always planned to put all these things on the Brikwars site eventually,
but after college, work, and answering megs and megs of Brikwars e-mail I just
keep falling further and further behind.

Secondly, there are some pretty tight limits on what I can do while the
website is still hosted under teleport.com.  I'm working on deal right now to
give brikwars its own domain, and when I move it over I'd love to change the
site format to this kind of PBB wargame clearinghouse, but I'm just not going
to have the time to implement a lot of this stuff.  If there's anybody out
there who knows how to set up a good reliable message board or chat room, and
salivates at the thought of working hard for absolutely no compensation or
tangible benefit of any kind, be sure and let me know.

- Mike Rayhawk.

    Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
   http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm