 Gaming / 136

Re: Inaugural Ohio BrikWars Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 06:45:59 GMT

Having said all of that, on an open plain, I'm toast against flyers.  If
I can hide behind and under things, I can play my strengths.

I'll tell a good quick house rule that will solve a lot of your problems - the
thing about medieval cities and landscapes is, they are just always covered in
mist and fog.  They went for so many years sometimes between sunny days that
they actually ended up calling them the Dark Ages, from what I understand.
The point of all this is, when running a battle between flyers and knights,
you can claim that there is a thick low-lying fog, such that any unit at an
altitude higher than 10" has zero visibility and can only fire at targets if
there is a Scout targeting them.  This forces any flyers that wish to engage
in combat to remain within range of archers and thrown objects (not a big
deal, since it takes a whole bunch of archers to shoot down an A-Wing), and
furthermore if you build nice tall trees, towers, and mountains, it becomes
difficult for the flyers to maneuver at attack alititudes.

Just an idea.

- Mike Rayhawk.

    Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
   http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Mike Rayhawk writes:
[...]

That is a good idea! That would be PERFECT for cross-TL battles! It would also
provide your Flyers with cover -- they could just dive (or pull up) into the
fog and hide.

Just an idea.

- Mike Rayhawk.

   Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
  http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm

What would happen to a Mech that was taller then 10" ?

Drew Lawrence

Re: Inaugural Ohio BrikWars Meeting