 Games / LEGO Media / LEGOLAND / 14
Re: Legoland Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games.lego.legoland
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:08:12 GMT

In lugnet.games.lego.legoland, Nick Cameron writes:

<worlds greatest snip>
Plus, the park manager has a habit of
announcing the name of everything you point at, which could be useful to
small children, but downright annoying to experienced players.

Do you mean like "LEGO piece, LEGO piece" at everything you point at?

Well, this is Legoland, not Lego Creator, so it won't be "LEGO piece, LEGO
piece..."  :-)  But it *is* close to that annoying.

Every menu button...you point at it, and the Park Manager will announce what
that button does.  "Build a path...Erase Mode...Options..."

Every attraction or item on the map.  You point, he announces.  "Lego Toy
Shop...flower...path...Mechanic...Brickola Drinks Kiosk..."

Even if you point directly at him (he has his own box in the lower right
corner of the screen), he'll announce "Repeat Last Instruction".

Granted, this is helpful if you've never played before...for about the first
five minutes.  There really should've been a way to turn this off.

That's my gripe about the Park Manager, essentially.

Oh, one other thing...before you can play Legoland (either Free Mode or Game
Mode, at least), you must complete a series of five very short tutorials.
These were very well done, gave a very thorough introduction to the game, and
basically makes the game manual obsolete.  I forgot to mention this in my
earlier post.

Cheers,
Bill